Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Memories.........

A little bit about myself today.

This is a picture of my 3 sisters...L. to R. with me being the youngest, Me, Lois, Betty, and Mary. We did not grow up together as I was put up for adoption before I was born. My biological Mother, Thelma, was married to a service man, who was serving in Germany at the time of my conception.
It was a difficult time for men and women in the 1940's, and loneliness was lurking at every turn. Maybe I am the product of lust, or just plain loneliness, but either way I know my birth Mother loved me and her decision to give me up, plagued her the rest of her life.

Thelma was an Oklahoma girl and came to Wichita in late '44 with her 3 daughters in tow, and a huge secret. Thelma stay with her sister in a small town south of Wichita.
She gave birth to me on Dec. 12th, 1944 and signed the adoptions papers on her birthday Dec. 13th.

I was adopted by Valine and Bud, who had adopted a son 3 years earlier and his name was Michael. My mother, Valine had placed an ad in the local paper, requesting to adopt a child and Thelma answered this ad.

More to come...........

No comments:

Post a Comment